Thursday, October 19, 2006
Charles Bridge

I'll have to admit, when people were talking about the Charles Bridge, I didn't think much of it. It's a bridge. OK. But, I was persueded to take a look anyways, so I went via tram to the area of town nearest the bridge. I was just sitting there, staring at the seatback in front of me, when I noticed something.

My Name

Yep, that's my name. Don't sit on it. My name is on ALL OF THE SEATBACKS in every tram in Prague. Can you believe it?

Then there was the incident of the ticket inspector. Ticket inspector man was standing next to my seat, only he didn't look like a ticket inspector. They don't wear uniforms in Prague, apparently. So, I was slightly annoyed at the older man who wouldn't stop standing next to me and talking to me like I had a clue what he was saying in Czech. I didn't understand it at all. I thought maybe if I ignored him, he'd go away. He didn't. He stood there and then asked if I speak Spanish or French or Italian. That's when something clicked in my brain (cue clicking sound) and I sheepishly took my ticket out of my pocket with an, "Oh! my ticket!" And showed it to him. I told him I was sorry, and he just thanked me very kindly and moved along. I suppose it could have been worse. Wow, Czech mishap #2. Or was it #22 by that time?

The bridge was of course, beautiful. I did some shopping down the street before the bridge, and then on the bridge as there's no shortage of vendors with photography and artwork and crafts. It was interesting and very crowded. Here's some shots I took:

River

Charles Brige Tower

On the way back I stopped at Joe's Bar and ate a burger, then I wandered around some more and did more shopping. It was a leisurely afternoon by myself.


spun on 7:05 PM.